Consider this another "conspiracy theory" for your amusement ... if you like
by system failure
More than two years ago, we wrote that neoliberalism drops its final big leaf with Donald Trump.
Right after the 2016 US elections we wrote that Donald Trump played well his role as an anti-establishment candidate, but in reality, he is only a reserve of the establishment.
Many were almost laughing with these estimations, but just one year in office and Donnie did everything he could to justify them:
- Literally hired Goldman Sachs to run USA.
- Signed a bill to deregulate again Wall Street, so that the parasites of the financial mafia to be able to play their games at the expense of the majority, as happened so many times in the past, causing big financial crises.
- Quickly aligned with the neocon agenda and bombed Syria. In fact, the Donald did even more than the puppet of the establishment, Barack Obama, by provoking dangerously war games in Asia-Pacific.
- Maintained US forces in Iraq, Afghanistan, continued the US interference in Yemen and elsewhere. Now, permanent US military presence in Syria.
- Pursued a totally unacceptable health care program that will push millions of Americans further to the cliff, without even a rudimentary social safety net.
- Continued to hunt fiercely all Whistleblowers.
- Passed more tax-cuts for the plutocracy.
- Passed a bill that will give him vast warrantless spying powers.
So, while the US political establishment totally bankrupted after 2008 crisis, the only way for the elites to continue the neoliberal project, was to bring in power someone like Donald Trump who could sell plenty of patriotism and 'anti-establishment' rhetoric. He could also be used as a diversion tool from the real progressives, like Bernie Sanders, who are a real threat to the neoliberal regime.
So, hurricane Donnie does what corporate Democrats, or even ordinary neoliberal GOP couldn't have done without him performing in the political theater. And while he passes his awful bills that will screw further the US working class, he "feeds" his patriotic vote tank with decoys like the "little rocket man", or the "shithole countries".
So, it's not a surprise that Donnie runs even faster (probably because he sees his ratings in free fall), to fulfill the final dream of the neoliberal regime: kill the state.
The government shutdown has been done in the past, but the secret mission of Donald Trump is to make it become a permanent situation. It's not accidental at all that it happened shortly after he gave another massive tax-cut for the super-rich. Because the ultimate dream of the plutocracy is exactly to kill the state and completely get rid of the taxes which are necessary for the government to pay public employees, maintain and modernize infrastructure in every public service.
And he found another ridiculous excuse to take the approval of the patriotic right audience: he claimed he has to shutdown the government in order to build that wall and protect the Americans!
And that's why Bernie Sanders is furious with both tax-cuts bill and government shutdown.
With the permanent government shutdown Donald Trump is about to deliver the country entirely and openly to the big private interests that would be able to establish the next stage of neoliberalism: 21st century neo-feudalism. Then, it would be a lot easier for the plutocrats to bypass "annoying barriers" like Bernie Sanders, Tulsi Gabbard, Elizabeth Warren, who want free healthcare, free education, end of wars and dirty interventions, breaking the banks and regulate Wall Street. The American people will be left fighting in a brutal arena of zero social protection.
For those of you who still believe in that Trickle-down fiasco, just check what happens when you deliver problems to private institutions with the complete absence of public provision:
Take a small taste of the Dystopian close future because this is only the beginning ...