On March 16, 2016 WikiLeaks launched a searchable archive for 30,322 emails & email attachments sent to and from Hillary Clinton's private email server while she was Secretary of State. The 50,547 pages of documents span from 30 June 2010 to 12 August 2014. 7,570 of the documents were sent by Hillary Clinton. The emails were made available in the form of thousands of PDFs by the US State Department as a result of a Freedom of Information Act request. The final PDFs were made available on February 29, 2016.
A letter from Clintons' top advisor Sidney Blumenthal to Hillary Clinton in 2011, gives further facts that expose the corporate branch of the French neo-colonialism in North Africa and especially Libya, as well as Sarkozy's key role.
- On the morning of May 5, 2011, individuals with access to the leadership of the Libyan rebellion's ruling Transitional National Council (INC) stated in strictest confidence that In mid- April, 2011 the French Air Force, in an operation organized in cooperation with the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, began bringing medical and other humanitarian supplies to the TNC led rebels in Benghazi, using civilian aircraft. The flights began on April 13 with a cargo including 9 tons of medical supplies. At the same time, these sources add that these flights are bringing in representatives of major French corporations, as well as officers of the French General Directorate for External Security (DGSE), all of whom are looking to establish working relationships with the rebel leaders as they move toward becoming the government of Libya.
- The initial flight included executives from the French oil company TOTAL, the large construction firm VINCI and the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company N.V. (EADS). The aircraft for the operation are provided by AIRBUS, which is a subsidiary of EADS. Subsequent flights have carried representatives from the conglomerate THALYS and other large French firms, all with close ties to the government of President Nicolas Sarkozy. After meeting with the INC these French business executives leave discreetly by road, via Tobruk to Egypt.
- This operation is the idea of Bernard Henri Levy, a private advisor to Sarkozy, who has been involved with the Libyan rebels since the beginning of unrest in February 2011. According to these knowledgeable individuals, while no contracts were signed in the first series of meetings, Levy arrived again in Benghazi on April 22nd, and obtained the signature of the appropriate TNC leaders on a Memorandum of Agreement, establishing the fact that French firms will receive favorable consideration in all future business matters. According to knowledgeable individuals, Levy, speaking in polite terms, made it clear to the TNC officials that they owed a debt to France for their early support, and that Sarkozy needed something tangible to show to the leaders of France's business and political communities in return. Both sides agreed to handle the agreement discreetly for the time being, not wanting to anger other .ountries involved with the rebels.
- The rebel leaders assured him [Levy] that they were completely focused on fighting the forces of Muammar Qaddafi and his sons. They did point out, however, that early in the uprising they had allowed the Israeli navy to enter Tobruk harbor and evacuate Palestinian laborers stranded there in the first days of fighting.
- [Source Comment: Sources with excellent access to the DGSE state that Levy is using his status as a journalist to provide cover for his activities. However, he is working under direct orders from Sarkozy. DGSE and French Military officers involved in the Libyan rebellion complain about Levy's status as a "gifted amateur" but admit that he is very effective in dealing with the rebels, while carrying Sarkozy's complete trust.]
It's also interesting that the title of the letter contains the phrase 'FRENCH ECONOMIC GRAB'. Furthermore, the style with which all this information is coming out through the letter, leaves a suspicion that the US officials were not very happy seeing the French corporations invading Libya to take the monopoly against the US corporations.
Recall that, documents released by the U.S. Department of State Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), confirm the French neo-colonialism exercised through the currency control of the West and Central African countries under the CFA franc , as well as, Qaddafi's attempt to establish a pan-African currency based on the Libyan golden Dinar, to provide the Francophone African Countries with an alternative to the French franc (CFA).