Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said right-wing leaders in South America are generating chaos in order to pave the way for a U.S. intervention
A new Plan Condor, similar to the one that took place in the 1970s and 1980s, is being implemented against progressive governments in Latin America and the Caribbean region, Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said during a press conference Tuesday.
“The campaign against Venezuela is generating violence and chaos that is allowing an intervention by (the) United States government,” Maduro said during a meeting with international media outlets in Caracas. He added that the objective of the leaders of the right is to generate disturbance and violence “in order to create the credibility and strength for an intervention plan.”
“We have been the victims of political, diplomatic and media aggression in recent years, the most serious of such in recent years, and we have been the victims of several [aggressions]. I can say this one has been the most serious,” the president warned.
Maduro’s comments come less than two months after Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa expressed similar concerns over a new “Condor Operation” aimed at undermining progressive governments in the region. “The right-wing is seeking revenge because it has been more than 10 years since the last time they were able to just pick up a phone and tell a sitting President what to do,” Correa said in a statement in March.
Operation Condor, also known as Plan Condor, was a coordinated U.S.-backed attempt to wipe out left-wing opposition to dictatorships across South America in the 1970s and 1980s. Some 50,000 people are estimated to have been killed or forcibly disappeared.
It appears that the dirty war of the neoliberal barbarism against Democracy and the Leftist forces around the world culminates. Right after France and previously in Greece, Venezuela, Argentina and elsewhere, the plutocracy attacks in Brazil to dismantle the "dangerous" Leftist perspective.